How to Determine Your KC Wedding Venue Budget
There are a few things to consider when determining your Kansas City wedding venue budget. Follow these three simple steps to help you figure out how much to spend on a wedding venue and where to find affordable wedding venues in Kansas City.
1. Determine Your Overall Wedding Budget
Before you start looking for affordable wedding venues in Kansas City, you will need to determine your overall wedding budget. While your venue will take a significant chunk of your budget, here are a few other things to consider before finalizing what you have to spend:
- How many people are invited?
- What will you purchase, rent, and DIY?
- How many hours will your wedding be?
- What other vendors will you hire (florist, photographer, caterer, etc.)?
Once you figure out these logistics, it’ll be easier to determine your overall wedding budget and, therefore, your wedding venue budget too!
2. Decide on Your Wedding Venue Budget
Like we said before, most couples tend to put 30% to 50% of their overall wedding costs toward their wedding venue budget. While spending half of your budget on a wedding venue may sound excessive, there are many things to remember as you pin down the logistics. Here are some questions to consider as you sort out your budget:
- Will the ceremony and reception be at the same venue?
- If not, how much of your budget will you allot to each location?
- Are you booking venues for other wedding events (rehearsal dinner, welcome party, etc.)?
Once you’ve thought through these questions, it’ll be easier to figure out how much to spend on a wedding venue.
3. Start Looking for Wedding Venues in the Kansas City Area
As you start searching for a wedding venue you love, be mindful of factors that can increase or decrease the average wedding venue costs. Here are a few questions to ask as you look for the best wedding venues in the Kansas City area:
- What amenities are included in the booking?
- What services do couples typically book in addition to the venue?
- Do you have partnerships with any local vendors?
Finding the answers to these questions will help you get a better idea of how much to spend on a wedding venue and other vendors for your big day. When additional amenities are included, you may be able to save in other areas. And if your venue has partnerships with other vendors, they may offer a discount on their services. All of this information will be crucial when it comes to planning your Kansas City wedding.
How to Find Affordable Wedding Venues in Kansas City
So now you know how to determine your overall wedding budget, steps for sorting your wedding venue budget, and questions to ask as you look for the best wedding venues in Kansas City, but how do you find them? It’s easy–Venues Made Simple! We are your one-stop shop for finding the best, affordable wedding venues in the Kansas City area. We’ve got answers to all your questions (including pricing and open date availability!) to help you find a venue that “wows.” Don’t wait–start your venue search on Venues Made Simple today!